Freedom of information
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 grants members of the public the right to access all forms of recorded information held by the authority. Some information may be exempt from disclosure under the Act.
We are required to publish and maintain a publication scheme which sets out information about council decisions, policies and financial information. Requests for environmental information such as planning or waste management may be dealt with under the Environmental Information Regulations.
Making your request
Before submitting a new request, use the search box below to see if your question has already been answered. Please note this will only return responses published since April 2016.
If the information you need isn't there then please submit a new request. Your request must include your name, contact details, a description of the information you wish to obtain and the preferred format for receiving the information.
Responding to your request
We will aim to respond to your request within 20 days following the date of receipt. We are not obliged to deal with requests if the estimated cost exceeds £450. This is calculated by charging £25 per hour accumulating to 18 hours. We need not comply with vexatious or repeated requests.
If you are unhappy with the way in which we have dealt with your request or disagree with what we have provided you can request a review. We will respond within 20 working days and if you remain dissatisfied at this stage you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office.
Recently published requests
- 4829 Past Election Results
- 4824 Non-collection of contaminated recycling
- 4813 Civil enforcement of dog mess
- 4794 Business rates non-payment and recovery
- 4793 Reported environmental complaints
- 4780 Fixed penalty notices
- 4777 Actions taken against taxi drivers under Equality Act
- 4776 Discretionary housing payments
- 4769 Council tax contact
- 4761 Further request for complaints information
Use the links below to view more information:
- The council's publication scheme and associated guide.
- The council's records management policy
- How does the FOI system work?
- Reuse of public sector information
Additional information on the The Freedom of Information Act, The Data Protection Act and The Environmental Information Regulations is available from the following websites:
- The Information Commissioner
- The Department for Constitutional Affairs
- The Local Government Association