Council leaseholder repair responsibilities

Find out what you need to fix as a council leaseholder and what we need to fix for you.

Repairs you need to do

  • Ceilings and floor surfaces including internal plaster and floorboard (unless it's in a shared area or between two houses)
  • All electrical work including smoke alarms, light fittings, wiring and circuits (unless they're in shared areas)
  • All other gas, plumbing and heating works, including safety certificates, gas fires and cookers, bathroom fittings, boilers, radiators and fireplaces
  • Door bells, knockers and numbers
  • Glass in doors and windows
  • Kitchen units and worktops
  • Decorations inside your property
  • Inside doors, frames, architraves, floorboards and skirting boards
  • Personal sheds and garden maintenance

Repairs we need to do

  • External walls and shared floors
  • Roofs and balconies
  • Stairs
  • Damp proofing
  • Drains and water supplies (unless the pipes are only in your property)
  • Window frames and fittings
  • Joists
  • Other outside work including walls, gutters, downpipes and external decorations
  • All shared areas including car parks, gardens, paths, fences and gates, hallways, stairs, and lifts

Report a repair 

You can report any repairs we need to do online.

Report a repair

If you have a problem with the cleaning of the shared areas you should report it to Cardo by email.

If you have a problem with the grounds maintenance you should report it to Canenco by email or call them on 07718 045 985.