Contact us

Did you know...

You can apply or pay for services and find information on this website quickly and easily. You'll get a faster response as it'll go to the right team and a copy of your request will be sent to your email.

Use the search bar at the top of the site or the menu to find what you need.

Got a question?

I want to hold an event - what do I need to do?

If you want to hold an event on public land you need to apply to us for permission. Use our simple form to give us a few details about it.

Apply to run an event

Do I need a licence for my event?

If your event includes live entertainment or you'll be serving alcohol or food then you will need a licence. The licence you need depends on how many people will be there.

See if you need a licence for your event

What happens after I submit an event application?

We'll review your application with the Safety Advisory Group (SAG), which includes local stakeholders such as the police and the county council, and contact you to let you know the outcome.

Find out about organising an event

I need a road closure for my event - how do I apply?

You can easily apply online to Kent County Council for a road closure.

Apply for a road closure

Can't find what you want online?

Send us a message

If you can' t find what you need you can contact us online and we'll respond within 14 days.

Give us a call

Call the events team on 01227 862 000 . Our phone lines are open between 8.45am to 5pm, during the week (excluding public holidays), and closed at weekends.

Visit the council

The council offices are open on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays between 10am and 2pm. You'll need to call 01227 862 000 to book to see someone during these times.

Canterbury City Council
Military Road

Get directions

Make a complaint to the council

If you've not had good service from us you can make a complaint online so that we can put it right and stop it from happening again.

Find out more about our complaints procedure.