Register your food business

You must register any new food businesses before you start trading.

You'll need to register with us at least 28 days before trading if you would like to start a business that stores, prepares, cooks, sells or distributes food.

This includes home catering businesses, mobile or temporary premises such as stalls and vans, and not-for-profit organisations.

If you move premises or anything changes with your business, you must register again.

Register your food business

You might want to see our food service plan which sets out how we make sure food safety laws are followed: