Contact us

Did you know...

You can apply or pay for services and find information on this website quickly and easily. You'll get a faster response as it'll go to the right team and a copy of your request will be sent to your email.

Use the search bar at the top of the site or the menu to find what you need.

Got a question?

When do I need building control approval?

You usually need building control approval if you want to build something new or make changes to an existing building. You can easily apply online.

Make a building control application

How can I apply for building control approval?

You just need to register for an account online and then it’s really easy to apply and pay for applications.

Make a building control application

Can I see existing building control applications?

Yes, you can easily search for building control applications online. You’ll need to register for an account before you start.

Search building control applications

Can't find what you want online?

Send us a message

If you can' t find what you need you can contact us online and we'll respond within 14 days.

Give us a call

Call the stg team on 01634 331 133 . Our phone lines are open between 8.45am to 5pm, during the week (excluding public holidays), and closed at weekends.

Visit the council

The council offices are open on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays between 10am and 2pm. You'll need to call 01227 862 000 to book to see someone during these times.

Canterbury City Council
Military Road

Get directions

Make a complaint to the council

If you've not had good service from us you can make a complaint online so that we can put it right and stop it from happening again.

Find out more about our complaints procedure.