The Cabinet collectively provides strategic leadership to the council. Specifically, it recommends the budget and key policy proposals to the Full Council for agreement. It also develops and implements most policies.
The Leader appoints a cabinet and allocates specific roles and responsibilities to Members of the Cabinet. Those roles and responsibilities are known as ‘portfolios’.
The current Cabinet comprises of six members and they are listed below with their portfolios:
- Ben Fitter-Harding - Strategy and Improvement (Local Plan, Digital, Communications, Projects)
- Rachel Carnac - Corporate (Finance, Efficiency)
- Barbara Anne Flack - Place (Regeneration, Property, Parking)
- Joe Howes - People (Housing, Community)
- Andrew Cook - Environmental Services (Wastes, Grounds Maintenance, Litter)
- Ashley Clark - Enforcement and Open Spaces