Apply for a Temporary Events Notice

To carry out certain activities on unlicensed premises you will need to apply for a Temporary Events Notice (TEN) at least 10 working days before the event. This includes:

  • selling alcohol to individuals or members of a private club
  • providing entertainment such as music, dancing or indoor sports events
  • serving hot food or drink between 11pm and 5am
  • an activity not covered by an existing licence, for example a wedding reception in a community centre 

You need a TEN for each event you hold on the same premises and you will have to pay a fee of £21 for each notice.

You must apply as an individual not as an organisation.

Apply for a Temporary Events Notice

We will send a copy of your TEN to the police and our Environmental Health team before your event takes place. You'll need to display a copy on the event premises.