This includes county lines and child sexual exploitation.
Since October 2021, there has been a period of change, consolidation, and adaptation; as we came out of the pandemic and started living with Covid. There has also been increasing demand on public services against a backdrop of rising cost of living worries.
Local figures showed an increase in drug offences and possession of a weapon over the last year, but a reduction in violent crime. Over the last year we've worked with partners, making referrals and signposting to support agencies. More focus will be on supporting the community to understand, and remove, barriers to reporting offences.
- Hold training sessions for partners on information sharing and serious and organised crime knowledge and awareness
- Create awareness campaigns
- Promote the Safe Zone app
- Run community safety hubs
- Hold neighbourhood engagement days
- Promote crime reporting
- Increase youth provision