Contact us

Did you know...

You can apply or pay for services and find information on this website quickly and easily. You'll get a faster response as it'll go to the right team and a copy of your request will be sent to your email.

Use the search bar at the top of the site or the menu to find what you need.

Got a question?

What help could I get to buy my own home?

You might be able to get a home through shared ownership or a loan to help with the cost of a new-build.

Find out what help is available for home ownership

What is community-led housing?

Community-led housing is built, purchased, or run by local people in their own communities. It is always non-profit. Local people play a leading role in creating affordable homes and strong communities.

Find out more about community-led housing

How can I set up a community-led housing scheme?

You will need to identify what your aims and objectives are. You can then think about which housing model and legal structure is best for you. You’ll find lots of helpful content online.

Find out more about setting up a community-led housing scheme

Is there any help available to set up a community-led housing scheme?

You might be able to get a community-led housing grant if you’re a not-for-profit group developing affordable homes in Canterbury, Herne Bay, Whitstable or the rural villages.

Find out more about community-led housing grants

Can't find what you want online?

Send us a message

If you can' t find what you need you can contact us online and we'll respond within 14 days.

Give us a call

Call the housing team on 01227 862 142 . Our phone lines are open between 8.45am to 5pm, during the week (excluding public holidays), and closed at weekends.

Visit the council

The council offices are open on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays between 10am and 2pm. You'll need to call 01227 862 000 to book to see someone during these times.

Canterbury City Council
Military Road

Get directions

Make a complaint to the council

If you've not had good service from us you can make a complaint online so that we can put it right and stop it from happening again.

Find out more about our complaints procedure.