Contact us

Did you know...

You can apply or pay for services and find information on this website quickly and easily. You'll get a faster response as it'll go to the right team and a copy of your request will be sent to your email.

Use the search bar at the top of the site or the menu to find what you need.

Got a question?

What kind of flytipping will you remove?

We’ll remove rubbish - like white goods or shopping trolleys - on most land. We can’t remove it from private land like farms or from roads with speed limits of more than 40mph.

Report flytipping

How do I report flytipping?

Check our flytipping map to see if it’s already been reported to us and, if it hasn’t, use our five minute form to let us know rubbish has been dumped.

Report flytipping

What should I do if I see rubbish that might hurt someone?

If you see dangerous rubbish like discarded needles or syringes you should call us on 01227 947 860 or on 01227 781 879 if it’s outside council hours.

Check the flytipping map

How do I report litter?

You can report a build up of litter - including leaves - online using our five minute form.

Report litter

Can't find what you want online?

Send us a message

If you can' t find what you need you can contact us online and we'll respond within 14 days.

Give us a call

Call the bins and waste team on 01227 947 860 . Our phone lines are open between 8.45am to 5pm, during the week (excluding public holidays), and closed at weekends.

Visit the council

The council offices are open on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays between 10am and 2pm. You'll need to call 01227 862 000 to book to see someone during these times.

Canterbury City Council
Military Road

Get directions

Make a complaint to the council

If you've not had good service from us you can make a complaint online so that we can put it right and stop it from happening again.

Find out more about our complaints procedure.