Contact us

Did you know...

You can apply or pay for services and find information on this website quickly and easily. You'll get a faster response as it'll go to the right team and a copy of your request will be sent to your email.

Use the search bar at the top of the site or the menu to find what you need.

Got a question?

Who do I report a noise or nuisance to?

You can quickly report ongoing problems - like loud music, dogs barking or bonfire smoke - to us using our online form. We can’t investigate one-off reports, like a party.

Report a noise, smoke or smell problem

I have a lot of building noise near me - is this allowed?

General permitted hours for building work are 7.30am to 6pm, Monday to Friday and 8am to 1pm on Saturdays. No work is generally allowed on Sundays or bank holidays.

Report a noise, smoke or smell problem

Can't find what you want online?

Send us a message

If you can' t find what you need you can contact us online and we'll respond within 14 days.

Give us a call

Call the environmental health team on 01227 862 202 . Our phone lines are open between 8.45am to 5pm, during the week (excluding public holidays), and closed at weekends.

Visit the council

The council offices are open on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays between 10am and 2pm. You'll need to call 01227 862 000 to book to see someone during these times.

Canterbury City Council
Military Road

Get directions

Make a complaint to the council

If you've not had good service from us you can make a complaint online so that we can put it right and stop it from happening again.

Find out more about our complaints procedure.