Contact us

Did you know...

You can apply or pay for services and find information on this website quickly and easily. You'll get a faster response as it'll go to the right team and a copy of your request will be sent to your email.

Use the search bar at the top of the site or the menu to find what you need.

Got a question?

Who looks after trees and hedges on public land?

We look after trees and hedges in parks and public spaces owned by us, as well as communal gardens in council property.

See when we maintain trees and hedges

How can I report an overgrown tree or hedge on a road or pavement?

You can easily report an overgrown tree or hedge to Kent County Council online.

Report an overgrown tree or hedge to Kent County Council

How can I make a complaint about a neighbour's hedge?

You can report a problem with a high hedge to us using our simple form. You should try and resolve it with your neighbour first.

Make a complaint about a high hedge

Can't find what you want online?

Send us a message

If you can' t find what you need you can contact us online and we'll respond within 14 days.

Give us a call

Call the planning team on 01227 862 178 . Our phone lines are open between 8.45am to 5pm, during the week (excluding public holidays), and closed at weekends.

Visit the council

The council offices are open on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays between 10am and 2pm. You'll need to call 01227 862 000 to book to see someone during these times.

Canterbury City Council
Military Road

Get directions

Make a complaint to the council

If you've not had good service from us you can make a complaint online so that we can put it right and stop it from happening again.

Find out more about our complaints procedure.