Give us your views on the draft Local Plan

We have prepared a draft Local Plan for the district and want to know what you think - give us your views on the draft Local Plan and supporting strategies.

Personal and premises licences

Apply for a premises licence

You will need to apply for a premises licence if your business plans to do any of the following: 

  • supply alcohol 
  • play live or recorded music 
  • show or host film events 
  • sell hot food after 11pm and before 5am 
  • host boxing or wrestling entertainment 
  • host indoor sporting events 
  • performance of a play 

If you plan to sell alcohol you will also need a personal licence for your 'designated premises supervisor'.

The cost of a premises licence is based on the rateable value of your business and can range from £100 to £635. 

A premises licence is valid for as long as the business lasts or until it is revoked or surrendered. 

Apply for a premises licence