Apply for a personal licence

Find out when you need a personal licence and how to apply.

A personal licence authorises you to sell alcohol or allow the sale of alcohol at a licensed premises, including pubs, off-licences, restaurants, and hotels. 

A personal licence application costs £37. You must be 18 or over and live in the Canterbury district. To apply you'll need:

How to apply

You need to download and complete a copy of the form below and email it to with your supporting documents and photos.

We'll then send you an invoice for payment.

You can also post your application to:

Licensing Case Services, Canterbury City Council, Military Road, Canterbury, CT1 1YW

You can send a cheque for payment - made out to Canterbury City Council - or we'll send you an invoice when we get your application.

Apply for a personal licence