Report a breach of planning rules
We can investigate a complaint if you think there has been a breach of planning permission.
Before you make a planning complaint you should check if:
A breach could include:
- changing the use of land or buildings without planning permission
- carrying out work to a listed building without permission
- new buildings or extensions without planning permission
- cutting back protected trees without necessary permission
- not following the agreed planning permission regulations
We cannot investigate:
- boundary and land ownership disputes
- dangerous structures
To find out more about how we will investigate your complaint, read our local planning enforcement policy.