Apply for a pavement licence

A pavement licence lets businesses put removable furniture on the pavement.

The removable furniture could be to sell or serve food or drink, or to provide a space for consuming food or drink purchased at the premises.

Businesses that can apply for a pavement licence include:

  • pubs
  • cafes
  • bars
  • restaurants
  • snack bars
  • coffee shops
  • ice cream parlours

Before applying you must read our Pavement Licensing Policy: 

On the day you apply you must also complete the site notice template:

You need to display this at your premises so it's clearly visible to the public. We will ask for photos of this as part of the application.

Apply for a pavement licence

We have 14 days, from the day after a valid application is submitted, to consult and decide on the outcome.