Contact us

Did you know...

You can apply or pay for services and find information on this website quickly and easily. You'll get a faster response as it'll go to the right team and a copy of your request will be sent to your email.

Use the search bar at the top of the site or the menu to find what you need.

How can I pay my rent?

The easiest way to pay your rent is online. It takes about five minutes and you just need your debit or credit card and your payment reference number.

Pay your council house rent

How can I apply for a refund on my rent?

If you’ve paid too much rent just complete our simple online form and we’ll check your details and pay any money you’re owed straight into your nominated bank account.

Apply for a rent refund

Can I get help paying my rent?

You should let us know straight away if you need help paying your rent. Just send us a message online with your details and we’ll let you know what help you might get.

Get help paying your rent

How can I report a repair?

You can use our five minute form to let us know about problems with water or electricity, as well as general household or communal repairs.

Report a repair

How can I swap my council home?

It’s easy to register your property details on the national home exchange website. If you’re approved you’ll be able to start searching online for a property to swap with.

Apply for a mutual exchange

Can I buy my council home?

Right to Buy means most council tenants can buy their home at a discount. GOV.UK has lots of information about how it works and how to apply.

Find out about Right to Buy

How do I end my tenancy?

Complete our simple online form to let us know you want to end your council tenancy and we’ll do the rest. The amount of notice you give us depends on the type of property you’re moving to.

Give notice to end my tenancy

Can I have pets in my council home?

You can usually keep a pet as long as it doesn’t cause a nuisance and you have a garden or somewhere for them to exercise if it needs it. Check with us first using our five minute form.

Ask to keep a pet in a council home

How can I pay my garage rent?

The easiest way to pay is online. It takes five minutes and you just need your debit or credit card and rent account number.

Pay your garage rent

How can I apply for sheltered housing or sheltered housing plus?

You cannot register for sheltered housing at the moment. This is because the housing register is moving to a new system.

The register will be available again from Saturday 1 July.

Where can I find my tenancy agreement?

You can easily download a copy of the full tenancy agreement online.

Download a copy of the tenancy agreement

How can I give feedback on your housing service?

There are lots of ways you can get involved, from joining forums and events to completing a survey. It’s really easy to sign up online.

Get involved with your housing service

Can't find what you want online?

Send us a message

If you can' t find what you need you can contact us online and we'll respond within 14 days.

Give us a call

Call the housing team on 01227 862 142 . Our phone lines are open between 8.45am to 5pm, during the week (excluding public holidays), and closed at weekends.

Visit the council

The council offices are open on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays between 10am and 2pm. You'll need to call 01227 862 000 to book to see someone during these times.

Canterbury City Council
Military Road

Get directions

Make a complaint to the council

If you've not had good service from us you can make a complaint online so that we can put it right and stop it from happening again.

Find out more about our complaints procedure.